WI Salt Wise Fall Events
We rely on salt to keep our roads safe in the winter and to soften water in our homes year-round but using more salt than is needed comes with a heavy price. In Wisconsin and much of the United States, chloride from salt is infiltrating into our lakes, streams and groundwater. Learn more about #thetruecostofsalt and how you can make a difference.
It only takes 1 teaspoon of salt to pollute 5 gallons of water to a level that is toxic for freshwater ecosystems. We can all work together to use the right amount of salt!
- 8/4/2021 - Get Salt Wise with Private Contractors
- 8/10/2021 - Smart Salting for WI Roads Workshop - Virtual
- 8/10/2021 - Fox River - Salt Wise Paddle (Kaukauna)
- 8/11/2021 - Smart Salting for Parking Lots and Sidewalks - Virtual
- 8/24/2021 - Smart Salting for Parking Lots and Sidewalks - Virtual