Ideally, calibration should take place prior to the season, two to three times during the season, and/or any time a change is made to the equipment or the material.
Tips for calibrating a Force America 6100 or 5100ex (City of Cudahy).
Calibration of a Force America 6100 Closed-Loop System (MN DOT).
Calibration for a manual drop tail gate spreader with manual valves (City of Farmington Hills Department of Public Works).
- The North Carolina DOT explains the calibration process they use to calibrate for their truck with spinner controls.
- The Ice Slider company explains how to calibrate their sander truck. The same process can be used to determine salt truck output.
- Baystate Roads Program explains proper calibration for their municipal sander/salt spreader and the basic calculations to determine how much material needs to be used.
- Calibration Accuracy of Manual and Ground-Speed-Control Spreaders
- MN DOT: calibration examples for various equipment