Lake Winga Watershed Gathering
- 05/21/2022 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Interact with homeowners and people from 25 organizations, like Friends of Lake Wingra, committed to clean water needed by all life forms that share this planet. Learn more about water stewardship. Leave with new ideas as we collectively ensure healthy lakes, streams, and the lands in-between.
- Participate in fun activities involving Lake Wingra and its surroundings.
- Engage with storyteller Andi Cloud, a member of the Ho-Chunk Nation.
- Renew a sense of connection among people, land, and water.
- Meet homeowners with rain gardens, rain barrels, or with prairies instead of lawns as ways to keep water out of their basements.
- Talk with neighbors who plant prairies and greenspaces on public property.
- Talk with urban vegetable gardeners.
- Learn how climate change impacts Madison Lakes and ways to lessen effects.
- Learn about water management including ways to address flooding.
- Experience lake monitoring and tracking harmful chloride.
- Enjoy art inspired by water research results.
Itinerary at https://fb.me/e/2fBr0YwrY
Vilas Park, Madison